I'm late. I'm late. For a very important date. Finally getting my last quarterly update into cyberspace in case anyone is still reading and hasn't given up on me. Okay, I'm recommitting to my blog. Right now. I put it in writing. I'll be a better blogger starting today…ready, set, go. Two posts a month to start out with is my goal. Hold me to it, ladies.
The last quarter with Mav has been amazing. He is growing and thriving. And we couldn't be more in love. He's the most wonderful part of our lives. I'd be lying if I said that I don't miss my little cuddle bug. He's so squiggly, squelching and squirmy now. He wants to be on the go all of the time. I can't believe how big he's gotten so quickly. But there are still those moments when I rock him at night and hold him in my arms. The quiet moments where I just gaze at his face…and I see my little tiny baby again…just like the day we brought him home from the hospital.
Sometimes I still have to pinch myself to believe that I'm finally a mama to the most amazing little boy I could've ever hoped for. My heart is so full sometimes…I think it might burst. Don't give up ladies. It is worth the fight.
Here's what Mav's been up to….
At Mav’s 7-month mark, he weighed 19. 1 lbs. (65th percentile) and 27.8 inches (72 percentile). He's kind of a big lil dude. My hubby says that Mav's going to be too big for me to carry before he can walk on his own. This just might be true if he keeps growing at this pace.
Our family of three took a nice little trip to the coast where Mav checked out a cool surfboard for littles. Daddy and Mav watched the sunset every night and we just hung out listening to the waves crash. It was a nice getaway.
- Rolls in both directions and twists and turns his body
- 3rd tooth popped through his gums which didn't bother him too much
- Loves drinking water out of his metal sippy cup even though he hasn't figured out how to tip it back yet
- Gets excited when he hear Caspar Babypants songs | All You Pretty Babies and Baby's Getting Up
- Squirmy, wiggly and always kicking his legs
- Doesn't like being restrained in his car seat
- Ticklish | Feet and Tummy
- Likes books and story time
- Babbles but no words that we can make out
- First trip to the pumpkin patch
- Watched first sunset and rode in hiking backpack on daddy shoulders | Santa Cruz
- First stretch alone with daddy while mommy was on a work trip | Nashville
At Mav’s 8-month mark, he was measured by mommy and the home scale read 21 lbs. The end of October and November were busy months for our family with the start of the holidays. Mav had a lot of "firsts" this month and he learned and grew so much.
- Gives high fives which Daddy thinks is the coolest
- Scoots on the hardwood floors
- Rocks in a crawling position
- Likes to play peek-a-boo
- Has 5 teeth
- Eats stage 3 baby food
- Doesn't like to be bored
- Obsessed with cell phones
- Loves to be pushed on his Wheelies Ride-On
- First time on the swing set with daddy
- First time wearing costumes for Halloween | elephant, horse, mouse and lady bug
- First weddings | Lake Tahoe and Willows
- First time being in the snow | Truckee
- Grandma flew up to visit from San Diego and went to first Christmas event | BabiesRUs
- First cold | This was not a fun first for mommy but thankfully it wasn't too bad
- First Thanksgiving | Mommy and Daddy gave a lot of thanks for Mav
At Mav’s 9-month mark, he measured 22.5 lbs. on the home scale. When I measure him at home, I don't really look at his height growth or percentiles. But he's growing. That I am certain of. This month was all about Christmas and learning how to "be on his way".
- Commando crawling | sometimes refer to this as dragging his lower body around by his arms
- Loves bath time | shrieks with happiness when he hears the water start running
- Size 4 diapers
- 12-18 month clothes
- 7 teeth pushed through the gums
- Decided he's shy around new people and hides his face in mommy's chest
- Eats non-pureed foods now | avocado, mangos, raspberries, papaya, sweet potatoes and squash
- Lamb wubbanub is his greatest possession
- Enjoys trying to pull himself up on things
- Weaned from sleep suit and prefers to sleep on his side or face down on his forehead
- Opens and closes cupboards at every opportunity
- Waves "hello" and points to things he wants to show you
- Grunts when he eats something yummy. Or just because. He's a grunty little thing. Such a boy!
- First Christmas tree lighting
- First time meeting Santa Claus
- First flu shot
- Second time visiting Pismo Beach for Mommy and Daddy's 7th anniversary
- First carousel ride | San Luis Obispo
- First holiday party | Mommy's date
- Second time visiting So Cal family | Christmas