Unfortunately, the nurse that called me from CCRM was not nurse sweet pea nor was she very informative. I had to really draw information out of her and didn't really get much clarity or reassurance regarding my questions. But here's what I know…and it's a bit of a mixed bag.
Last cycle, after four days of stims (with 300IU of follistim) my estrodiol level was 80. Yesterday it was 47 after four days of stims (with 450IU of follistim). Ugh. More drugs and less response.
However, it does look like I'm showing more follicles and consistent growth this time. So that's good. Here's what they saw in the ultrasound.
(1) 8mm, (2) 7mm, (1) 6mm, (4) 5mm, (1) 4mm
4 follies on the right and 5 on the left….so 9 is much better than 7 (follicles last time).
Dr. S's instructions were continue taking the max dose of stim meds and head to Denver for monitoring. So after a long day of traveling, I arrived in Denver this evening to ring in the New Year in the Mile High City. I'm such a party animal that I'm starting my meditation CD and will be asleep by 10pm.
Lowlights of the day
- Delayed flight and arrival into Denver. To save money, I didn't fly direct and had a pit stop in Portland so it's been a REALLY long day.
- Giving my injections in the airport in full view of everyone because the bathroom was so dirty, I didn't want to open my suitcase on the floor and put my meds on the counter.
Highlights of the day
- A sweet family helping me with my bags and wishing me luck with IVF. The dad said "you're going to be pregnant soon so we might as well start helping you with your bags now."
- The rental car guy upgrading my vehicle to a brand new Infiniti SUV because they had so many all-wheel drives on the lot. No Ford Focus for me. It still has the new car smell….and leather, heated seats.