I've got mad love for this girl and she's feeling a little low today so stop by and give her a virtual hug for me...would you please. It's rather ironic that Aubrey nominated me for the sunshine award (for bloggers who's posts brighten your day) because I'd definitely say the same about her blog.
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post (and since I'm not a very good rule follower...you can copy the icon from this post)
2. Link to the person who nominated you (that would be yours truly)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award
5. Link your nominees and let them know they’ve been nominated
1) Why do you blog, and will you continue to blog when (I'm being positive for ALL of you!!) you get pregnant/have a baby(ies)?
I blog to connect with this wonderful world of female bloggers. My hope is to continue blogging however I understand why there are so many abandoned infertility blogs. As it is, I can barely keep my head above water sometimes. Add taking care of an infant to the mix and I just don't know how I'll do it all.
2) What do you do for work (I'm always curious to know what everyone does all day long!)?
This is the world I live in
3) What would you say is the best piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their journey in the land of infertility?
I guess I'd say...don't wait. Part of me wishes that I'd not been so hopeful that we'd conceive on our own. That I wouldn't have taken so many breaks. We wasted precious years that we can't get back. My eggs were rotting everyday and I didn't realize it. Thinking back to my first IUI, my follicle count was so much higher than it is now. If I'd not been so damn scared of IVF, I'm certain I'd be a mom by now.
4) What would you say is the best piece of advice for someone who is not going through infertility, but who doesn't know what to say to someone who is?
Just say "I'm sorry that you have to go through this and I am here for you". That's it.
DO NOT say "it will happen" because unless your God (which I'm pretty sure you're not)...you don't know that is true. And DO NOT share other people's success stories. We know you're just trying to be encouraging. But for every story about the person that stops trying and gets pregnant, there are three stories of people who did everything and never had a baby. Those stories just don't get shared as often as the lady who goes on vacay and gets knocked up.
5) What is the item of clothing you want to buy most for this fall season?
Easy. Leather skinnies.
6) What is your biggest pet peeve?
People that talk during a movie in the movie theater. Or a pet peeve I recently discovered, people who are super vocal in church like saying "amen" and "uh-huh" during the entire sermon.
7) If you won the lottery, what would be the FIRST thing you'd do?
Tell my hubby that he can quick his job and focus on becoming a professional cyclist.
8) What is your middle name?
Selena. Yep, like Selena Gomez. I may not look it but I'm actually a quarter Mexican. And the only that really gives me away is my grandmother and my middle name.
9) Where would you live if you could move to anywhere you wanted in the whole wide world?
Oh boy. This is a really hard one. Hmmm...I'm not sure. Somewhere warm. Hawaii, maybe. San Diego. If I had enough money to live on the beach, that's about the only thing that would be worth dealing with the traffic. Maybe Boulder. I'll have to continue to ponder this one.
10) How many siblings do you have - are you the youngest, middle child, oldest or an only child?
And the bloggers (so hard to choose only 10 but hoping these ladies haven't been nominated yet) that I'm nominating for the Sunshine Award are:
And below are your questions. I'm looking forward to learning more about you lovely ladies.
- What do you do for work (always curious to know what everyone does all day long)?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is the item of clothing you want to buy most for this fall season?
- What is a great book that you've read recently?
- What is your signature recipe?
- What is your middle name?
- Tell me a secret (about anything).
- What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
- What is your favorite way to de-stress?
- How many different cities have you lived in?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!