This week for Thankful Thursday, I would be remiss if I didn't write about my gorgeous, caring husband. Today is his birthday. As I sit with my morning tea and reflect about our life together, I'm filled with gratitude. I'm married to the sweetest man. Sure, we've had our struggles these past few years as infertility takes it's toll on any relationship. But today, our relationship is stronger than ever.
My hubby A is addicted to anything with two wheels. Dirt bikes. Mountain bikes. Road bikes. He's a total "boys" boy which is interesting because I'm as girly as they come. We are polar opposites in many respects - he's quiet and I'm a chatterbox, he prefers solitude and I'm a social butterfly. Yin and Yang. We are different yet the perfect compliment to one another.
When it comes to A, I'm thankful that he...
- let's me be me. He accepts me for who I truly am. The good, bad and the ugly.
- is so supportive of my work. Let's face it, advertising is not a 9 to 5 gig. I'm sure he wants to kick me off the computer sometimes or tell me to get off the phone when we are together in the car. But he doesn't.
- trudges forward with me on this infertility journey, rarely complaining, even though I know how hard it is for him.
- works so hard as a firefighter to provide for our family.
- makes me laugh when times are tough.
- loves me unconditionally despite the fact that I can be a real pain in the rear end.
|Meet my hubby, A|
As promised, the Thankful Thursday button is up on the sidebar. If you'd like to make a weekly, concerted effort to focus on the good things in your life, just grab the code and write. What are you thankful for this week?